Friday, March 8, 2013

Lately, I have been in and out of hospital to look after my mother-in-law. I do notice much in the orthopedic ward especially those patients being admitted there...Health is of such great importance... Am touching on health issues and talks in my 101Team center. This sunday, I will talk on bones..

Every one of us have bones.  Our skeleton supports our body frame and helps movement too.  This March and April, I am conducing health campaign on preventive ways and changes to being healthier and happier.  It is on weight and health management.  BMI is a guideline and weight issue is also the controlling factor towards healthy bones and person/.

Especially the aged, who are over 65 years, many women are prone to osteoporosis. It depends on how one look after their bones.  Knowing that our bones are replaced and changed every 5 years, we need care and time to really understand our bones.

The elderly women usually suffers from fractured backbone from maybe just a small fall or tripped.  Their fragile bones can easily fracture anytime they fall or tripped.  They can have multiple backbone fractures and it is real suffering and pain when the nerves are affected.

In the ward,I saw too many elderly women who suffered fractures due to falls and unfortunately some are those women who are diabetic and having their limbs amputated.  My heart pain me much when I see them lying there waiting to be amputated.  One is even having the third amputation and we know the consequences after that.  All these can be prevented.

And there are some road accidents mostly from motor-cycles.  All the young doctors on duty are lovingly caring and committed indeed. Not to forget those helpful nurses who provide 24 hours services.  I deeply salute all these great white angels who helped one way or other to release and cure every patients.  I have no other commends besides the good and positive ones that I see.

Just that, every one should learn how to take care of ourselves so that no one need to be warded or admitted to the hospital.  Recovery is there, but something else is lost.  Let's go for preventive measures... Like Dr. Ding used to say, prevention is much cheaper than cure... and of course much wiser than cure...



No comments:

Post a Comment