Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One of the great delights of my work with is the transformation of the quality of our conversations. By that, I don't mean that we no longer get "triggered" by other people's thoughts and ideas; that's inevitable in a forum about the deepest issues in our lives...... Shaman tube



One of the great delights of my work with Shamantube is the transformation of the quality of our conversations. By that, I don't mean that we no longer get "triggered" by other people's thoughts and ideas; that's inevitable in a forum about the deepest issues in our lives.

Rather, I'm noticing an increasing curiosity about viewpoints that challenge our own. A willingness to engage from a place of compassion and love, even while we're in the throes of our own doubt and anger. And a sacred stance of trust - that the people we're dancing with are in our lives (and our faces, sometimes) at our own souls' bidding, that we may grow and heal.

Please know that I'm not standing in judgment here. I include myself among those who are discovering the holy difference between setting strong boundaries to protect myself and shutting down when my ideas don't "meet with your approval." For me, it's still hard to not "take things personally" (and I'm not talking about the trollish comments that get deleted and banned instantly) when I post something that speaks to my soul and generates negativity in the comment thread.

As we've formed and grown as a community, I've grown too. And I thank you all for your presence, and your sacred intentions, and your commitment to the healing of us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment