Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Positive thinking...."Mum, is this what you are going to share tonight?"

'Positive thinking.....Mum, is this what you are going to share tonight?' my third daughter asked. Have you prepared? She seems more anxious than me. I laughed and told her...'ok, you listen to me first' And I 'bla...bla...bla....' and in the midst of my talk, she dozed off on my lap... with me gently stroking her silken black long hair..

It is my turn to give another speech, to share a topic as arranged. Tonight, I will be sharing on this topic of 'positive thinking' I told my daughter that no topics are any problem to me. Our stage was just carpeted, and tonight will be the first meeting to be held on this bigger stage.

Again, what is this topic in connection with becoming a healthier and happier person? Positive thinking?

Well, my dear friends, not joking, not bluffing, not kidding, I am putting positive thinking into this health blog because it does fit into one of my 4 levels of health, that is our mind. Our mind should be filled with positive thinking, to start with. Positive thinking is not enough, it should include positive saying and positive doing.

I have drawn a big picture of a sharp sword that divides two categories, one depicts negative properties, the other positive properties. On the positive side of the sword, I have the word 'create' and the other was 'destroy'. Our mind works like a double-aged sword. It cuts deep when not in proper use. When acquiring proper skills, it creates.

Oh, I will describe all those which I have drawn onto the diagram. The positive side will be showing all the good characters of human while the negative side will be just the opposite. It is of great importance that one should understand the difference between positive and negative to start off with.

The good positive properties include love, light, hope, rewards, tolerance, care, justice, faith, trust, confidence, kindness, persistence, patience, happiness, filial, gratitude, sincere, honest, humbleness, diligence, honor and respect, forbearance, self-esteem, comfort, forgiving, living, improvements, profits

The negative properties include hate, darkness, evil, laziness, worries, suspicion, ego, pride, prejudice, unkind, selfishness, fear, pain, unrest, sadness, stress, disappointment, anger, loneliness, ungrateful, cheats, greed, dishonor, death, sickness, loss, sufferings, conflicts, resentment, rejections, personal guilt, betrayals..

We can choose to be in or on either side, but drastically acquiring and achieving a totally different result, a totally different story, a totally different destiny. It is clearly explained that all of us have this choice. The power of choice to choose and attract what one wants There is clearly no borderline to which side one can be or go to. The passion or degree of expressing oneself then will be the main factor towards just any state of mind.

Positive thinking

gives birth to love. Love creates. Love gives birth to more kindness, more joy, more gratitude and one will posses and enjoy the grapes of virtues. It is of great importance that we should adhere to the positive states of mind to produce positive results. Once an imagination is now a thing. To fill our brain with every possible good thoughts, will motivate a person into positive saying.

Positive saying

comes from voicing positive thinking. We will talk to friends, to our family about what we think. Positive saying is also a self-discipline that reveals our character and human values. But it is best expressed by our words. Our words that comes out from our mouth should be filtered to only speak worthy truths, worthy and kind adjectives. .

I used to talk on minding our speech, minding our words, our tongue is just a soft tissue, but it will maim or cut deep wounds on some people when we spice our words with acids, or lace with unkind words and remarks. Heed not any negatives being said, we need not take them into heart. Bear in mind that all good thoughts will evoke good sayings and good deeds.

Positive doing

is positive thinking plus positive saying in the making. It is the action that counts, it is the result of what has been thought and said. Seemingly, positive doing is what we aim to do, positive actions bring positive results. If one cares enough, if one cares deep enough, love will be the fruits 'positive doing' bear. Positive doings will attract more positiveness. And attracts all the good happenings, earn and achieve respectful successes as to a person's wishes or desires.

Positive attitude towards better living is the requisite to a healthier and happier lifestyle. Always be immersed in positiveness, in possibilities, in self-affirmatives that will create miracles.

To sum up, I will also emphasize on 5 'correct'.

[1]

- correct thoughts

[2]

- correct words

[3]

- correct actions [productive]

[4]

- correct people [with whom one mix]

[5]

- correct place/environment [to grow]

Apply the above 5 'correct', only then we can utilize positive attitudes to climb up to higher heights, to greater achievements and successes that one desire and it all starts with a step a day. A thousand miles start from the first step, and the rest will just follow. Believe me, to have a healthy mind, one needs to understand and practice positive attitudes..

Time to wake up.... another 2 hours to go before the speech....time to prepare myself too.... yes, mummy...she smiled in her dream, I wasn't surprise at her nesting nearer to me......my child, yes, my dear child.....

No comments:

Post a Comment